- Shrimps With Pasta Garides me PastaThis shrimp pasta recipe is sure to impress friends and family alike! Nutritious, filling and healthy, shrimp with pasta is always a favourite.
- When you don’t have much time, you can whip this prawn recipe up in 30 minutes!
- This delicious shrimp recipe makes a delicious weekday meal, quick and easy for when you’re in a hurry but want something a little above the ordinary!
- 500g packet pasta – penne or other type
- 500g / 1 lb shrimps – peeled
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75g bacon, chopped
- 1 x 425g tin peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato puree diluted in a little water
- 1 tspn oregano – dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- Parsley, shredded
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and saute the garlic.
- Add the bacon and fry for a little longer to crisp.
- Pour the tomatoes and tomato puree diluted in a small amount of water to the pan.
- Season with oregano, chopped parsley, sugar and freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes for the tomatoes to soften to a pulp and the sauce to thicken substantially.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil, add the pasta and boil according to packet instructions or al dente.
- Place all the shrimp in the sauce and stir through.
- Leave to simmer for another 5 minutes until the shrimp are coated in the sauce and have absorbed the flavours.
- Place the pasta into a large pasta serving bowl and pour the sauce over.
- Stir through until all the pasta is coated in the sauce and evenly distributed.
- Garnish with shredded parsley.