- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 lb of feta cheese, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4-6 oz of olive oil
- 1 medium, white onion, finely choped
- 1-2 pinches of pepper
- 2-3 pinches of salt
- 1 3/4 lbs of shrimps
- 1 teaspoon of white sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely choped
- Fry the onions in oil until transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, sugar and a little water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Clean the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a clay pot and cover with the onion mixture.
- Place the feta slices on top.
- Bake in a very hot oven for 6 to 8 minutes.