- 250gr of shrimps
- 250gr of mussels
- Half a kilo of rice
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teacups of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ouzo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and lightly sauté the onions.
- Add the shrimps, mussels and the tomatoes and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the ouzo, add the rice and as much water as needed, (one part rice to two parts water).
- Season with salt and pepper then continue cooking for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and let it stand for about 10 minutes for the rice to absorb any remaining sauce.
- Serve immediately with a fresh salad and olive bread
- Ingredients are for 5-6 servings.
- Good luck and enjoy.
- This dish is also called the Fisherman’s Pilaf because is very easy to make with ingredients of their trade.