Pot roasted leg of lamb with garlic and cheese
for 6 people
- 2 legs of lamb on the bone, approx. 2 kg
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 80gr. sheep’s milk hard cheese, like pecorino or Cretan graviera
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- Wash the legs thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen towels. Ask your butcher to break the bone in a couple of places so that you can fit them in the pot.
- Using a small sharp knife make holes in the lamb and fill them with slivers of garlic and small pieces of cheese. Rub thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot heat 3-4 tbsp of olive oil and brown meat from all sides.
- Lower the heat and let the meat simmer covered for 1.5-2 hours until very tender.
- Serve with roast potatoes.