- 3 kilos of pears
- 2 1/4 kilo of sugar
- 1/2 a cup of lemon juice
- Wash the pears under plenty of running water.
- Peel and core the pears and cut them in small pieces.
- In a large pot place the chopped pears the sugar and pour in the lemon juice.
- Cover the pot with a thin cloth so nothing falls inside and leave it aside for about 2 hours.
- Mix the pears and sugar and place it on the stove on medium heat.
- It may be needed to be skimmed but not after the first boil because the foam is just sugar.
- Boil the jam for about 15-20 minutes after the first boil.
- As soon as you see that the syrup is getting thicker, you can try it by taking some of the syrup with a spoon, pour it in a small plate, tilt it a little bit and if the syrup is runny and sticky, the pear marmalade is ready.
- If you want your jam to be thicker, just let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Remove from the fire and let it cool down completely.
- After it cools down place the pear jam in jars and refrigerate.
- Change amounts in the ingredient list for more or less jam.