- 1 kg of baby spring potatoes
- Olive oil or Corn oil
- 1/2 cup of red dry wine
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp of crushed coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash all the baby potatoes well to take any dirt left on them and dry them with cloth or kitchen towel.
- Using a kitchen hammer or a mallet slightly break all potatoes.
- In a large casserole heat enough oil, (Which ever you prefer of the two recommended) in order to deep fry all the potatoes.
- Stir occasionally until all potatoes are cooked.
- Once they are cooked remove the oil and add the wine, lemon juice, crushed coriander and salt, pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer with the lid on for another 15-20 minutes or until all the juice in the casserole is gone.
- While is simmering, by holding the lid on the casserole toss the potatoes with in a span of about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Tossed baby potatoes can be a meal on it’s own with a side dish like a salad or it can be a side dish of something else.
- The name is taken from the Cypriot name “Andinasso” which in English is “Tossing”.