- One 300 gr octopus -cleaned, washed and cut into large pieces
- 1 and ½ litre water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 100-150 gr onion -finely chopped
- 250 gr ripe tomatoes -peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 spring onions -finely chopped
- 90 gr green cocktail olives -cut through the middle
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the water and the salt into a large saucepan and place the pan on high heat. Bring up to boil and add the cut octopus. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until the octopus is soft. Drain well.
- Into a large salad bowl put the drained octopus, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion, chopped parsley and the green olives and mix well.
- To make the sauce, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Pour the sauce over the salad and mix well. Serve with fresh bread and butter