Plakous me petimezi
For the pastry:
- 600 g flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of 3 oranges
- olive oil for frying
For the filling:
- 600 g mixed nuts (100 g each poppy and sesame seeds, coarsely ground pistachios, almonds, walnuts, and hazel nuts)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 100g sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 g (3/4 cup) grape must molasses (petimezi)
- pine nuts (optional)
- Combine the ingredients for the pastry and knead to form a stiff dough.
- Allow to rest 30 minutes and roll out about 1/4 cm thick. Cut out 10-12 cm rounds with a small saucer or cutter.
- Boil the nuts with the sugar, honey, 1-2 tablespoons of grape must, and the cinnamon stick until they are caramelized.
- Do not overcook.
- Cool and spoon some of the mixture in the middle of each pastry circle, fold in half, and seal edgeswith the tines of a fork.
- Fry the pies in olive oil until golden and drain on paper towels.
- Pour some grape must molasses on top and serve garnished with pine nuts.