- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 0.50 cup rice flour
Prep time › 5 mins
Cook time › ¼ hr
How to make Muhallebi (Cypriot Rice Powder Pudding)
- In a basin or a large bowl, mix rice powder into a paste with a little milk taken from the 4 cups.
- Heat remaining milk to almost boiling point and pour onto the rice paste, stirring well.
- Return the mix to the saucepan and add orange blossom flower water and bring to boil over gentle heat while ***stirring continuously***.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling, reduce the heat and continue stirring continuously for another 5-10 minutes more. The continuous stirring makes sure it doesn’t lump.
- Add sugar and keep stirring until it dissolves completely.
- If the mixture becomes too thick dilute with a little milk or water.
- Pour the creamy mixture into small bowls (or a one large shallow dish approximately 1-1 and ½” deep.
- Decorate the pudding top with pistachios and almonds if desired.
- Helpful Hints.
- Add sugar after the rice powder mixture has been stirred, boiled and thickened for at least 10 minutes.
- At the end, you may wish to place the saucepan in cold water and beat the mixture for a few minutes before pouring into small dishes.