Monkfish recipes made into kebabs are a wonderful and fun way of serving fish. This recipe is ideal for Monk fish or other firm white fish such as swordfish or tuna. Serve these kebabs with a fresh green salad, a pilaf rice and tzatziki.
- 750g monkfish
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper (capsicum)
- 1 red pepper (capsicum)
- 15 fresh bay leaves
- 15 large prawns, peeled
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- lemon wedges to serve
- Cut the fish into cubes about 2.5 cm each
- Cut the peppers into similar size pieces.
- Slice the red onion into quarters and then into half again
Make the marinade:
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Put the onion and pepper slices, prawns and monkfish into the bowl and toss in the marinade until it is all coated.
- Put in the fridge and leave for at least 2-3 hours or overnight if necessary.
- Thread the monkfish, prawns, red onion, red and green peppers and bay leaves onto the skewers, alternating the monkfish and prawns between the red and green peppers to give a bright colour and variety.
- You can cook these under the grill or on a barbecue.
- Baste with any remaining marinade whilst cooking.
- Cook until the fish is tender and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges.