Traditional Easter Soup
- 1/2 lb of lamb’s intestines
- 1 lamb’s liver
- 1-2 medium lemons, juiced
- 1 small lettuce (leaf), finely chopped
- 3 oz of olive oil
- 6 oz of rice
- 4-5 scallions, finely chopped
- Wash the liver and intestines well and drain.
- Boil in water for 40 minutes, skimming the froth.
- Remove from the pan and chop into small pieces.
- Fry the green onions in oil for a few minutes, then add the liver and intestines and the scalded lettuce.
- Add it all to the stock and boil for half an hour.
- Add the rice and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the egg yolks and gradually add the lemon juice.
- Slowly add a little stock from the pan while beating.
- Slowly beat in this mixture to the stock pot and stir well.
- Do not allow the soup to boil.
- Serve immediately, garnished with finely chopped dill.