- 1 kilo of mushrooms
- 1/2 a cup of butter or olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 1/2 a cup of red dry wine
- 1/2 a cup of water
- 1 tsp of crushed coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the mushrooms, cut in quarters or slices and boil for a few minutes until soft.
- Cut the onions in half, put the flat side on the board and slice.
- Heat the oil or butter and fry the onions until translucent.
- Drain the mushrooms and add to the pan with the onions to cook all together.
- Add the crushed coriander, salt and pepper to taste, and red wine.
- Bring to boil.
- Add half a cup of water, cover the pan and simmer for about an hour on low heat.
- Stir occasionally and when the sauce becomes thick, Manitaria Afelia is ready.
- Remove from the heat, place in a platter and serve.
- Garnish with some finely chopped parsley.
- Manitaria Afelia (Mushrooms in Wine Sauce) can be served as an Appetizer, over a Steak, a bed of rice, with Mash Potatoes, or even as a side dish.