- 1 bag of lentils
- 1 200g of fresh cut green vegetables
- 200 g of fresh green rocket
- 1-2 onions finely chopped
- 2 peppers finely cut in small cubes
- 1/2 English cucumber cut in small cubes
- 1/2 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch dill finely chopped
- 1 carrot graded
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tsp of salt
- Fresh basil and mint
- 1 mug of olive oil
- 1/2 a mug of vinegar
- 1-2 clove garlic graded
- 1 tsp of salt
The Ingredients for this recipe is for
- 5-6 servings or more.
- Adjust ingredient amounts accordingly.
- Wash lentil under plenty of fresh running water.
- Boil lentils in salted water for about 20-25 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add 1 carrot and a piece of celery and thyme in the pot with the lentil while are boiling for the taste.
- Remove the carrot, celery and thyme, drain and let them cool slightly.
- Place cooked lentil in a bowl, and mix with chopped onion, graded carrots, chopped cucumber, peppers and chopped herbs (chopped parsley and chopped dill).
- Prepare the sauce by placing them into a blender or a large mixing cup with a lid and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the entire lentil, vegetable mixture and mix well so the sauce can go everywhere.
- In a large serving platter spread the fresh rocket, greens and cherry tomatoes around the platter.
- Place the lentil mixture over the greens and spread them out evenly.
- Sprinkle some salt over the lentil mixture and greens.
- Garnish your Fakes Salata (Lentil Salad) with some fresh mint and basil leaves on the top and serve.
- If you like you can crumble some Greek Feta cheese on top accompanied with some Black Kalamata Olives.
- You can enjoy Fakes Salata (Lentil Salad) as a main dish or as an accompaniment to the main meal.