In Greek: κοτόπουλο με ούζο και λαχανικά, pronounced ko-TOH-poo-lo meh OO-zo kay lah-hah-nee-KAH
Ouzo adds a delightful light anise taste to this dish of chicken with vegetables in a cream sauce.
The recipe makes one serving.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound of skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup of carrots, coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup of zucchini, coarsely grated
- 6 1/2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ouzo
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Cut the chicken into large square chunks.
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan. When hot, add the chicken and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the carrots and zucchini and continue to sauté 3 minutes longer. Add the ouzo, cream, salt, and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes more until the sauce melds.
Yield: one serving of Chicken in Cream Sauce with Ouzo