- 1 medium chicken cut in quarters
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese of choice
- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- Olive oil or corn oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cubes of beef broth
- 1 tsp full of butter
- 1 tbsp of corn flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp of dry sherry
- Salt to taste
- Wash all pieces of chicken, dry with paper towel and season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a plate mix the grated cheese with the breadcrumbs.
- In another plate beat the eggs with the milk until it becomes foamy.
- Turn the chicken pieces into the flour first, dip them into the egg and then turn them into the breadcrumbs.
- Fry them in low heat for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Drain them and keep hot.
- In the meantime in a small sauce pan heat the water to broil.
- After it broils add the beef cubes, butter and the bay leaf.
- In a cup with a little bit of water dissolve the corn flour.
- Lower the heat and gradually pour the corn flour while stirring until the sauce becomes slightly thick.
- Place in a gravy dish.
- Serve chicken hot with gravy sauce.
- Garnish with fried or mash potatoes and steamed or boiled vegetables.