- 200 grams of sesame seeds
- 450 grams of aromatic honey
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted melted butter
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom water (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a shallow baking pan with parchment per and spread the sesame seeds on it and bake for about 5 minutes to toast lightly.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Pour the honey plus 4 tbsp of water in a small sauce pan and slowly bring to boil.
- Add the lemon juice and the toasted sesame seeds and boil gently until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage.
- Line a small shallow baking pan with parchment paper and brush lightly with the melted butter.
- Pour the sesame-honey mixture and spread out evenly to the desired thickness.
- Sprinkle with the orange blossom water and set aside to cool down. (Optional)
- Before it cools down completely, with a sharp knife, cut at any size or shape you want.
- Once the Pastelli is completely cold, Turn it over and remove the parchment paper.
- Store in airtight containers for up to a month between layers of wax or parchment paper.
- Pastelli (Honey-Sesame Snacks) is the perfect snack for the whole family in between meals.