- 2 kilos of mature tomatoes
- 2 kilos of sugar
- 1/2 a mug of lemon juice
- Wash the tomatoes well under plenty of running water.
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes and blend them, but not completely.
- There should be some solid pieces.
- Place the blended tomatoes in a pot, add the sugar and boil on low heat.
- As soon as it starts boiling, add the lemon juice and continue stirring.
- Be aware that when it starts boiling it splashes.
- Boil the tomato jam until the syrup gets thicker.
- Once you get the desired syrup thickness remove from the heat and let it stand for a few minutes.
- As the jam is warm place in sterilized jars and let it cool down completely.
- Store the tomato jam in the refrigerator.
- If you want to try a deferent way of using the tomato jam, just put some plain Greek yogurt in a bowl with some jam and enjoy a nice refreshing dessert.