- 3 kilo of peaches
- 1 1/2 kilo of sugar
- 1/2 a cup of lemon juice
- Wash the peaches well under plenty of running water.
- With a knife separate them in two and remove their pit.
- Cut the peaches in small pieces.
- Place the cut peaches lemon juice and the sugar in a large enough pot and set it aside for about an hour or two.
- Turn the heat to high and bring it to a boil.
- Stir occasionally making sure that all the sugar is melted.
- It may be needed to be skimmed but not after the first boil because the foam is just sugar.
- Boil the jam for about half an hour after the first boil.
- As soon as you see that the syrup is getting thicker, you can try it by taking some of the syrup with a spoon, pour it in a small plate, tilt it a little bit and if the syrup is runny and sticky, the peach marmalade is ready.
- If you want your jam to be thicker, just let it boil for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool down completely.
- When it cools down it will thicken even more.
- Place the Marmelatha Rothakino (Homemade Peach Jam) in jars and keep in the refrigerator.
- Change amounts in the ingredient list for more or less jam.