In Greek: κοτόπουλο στα κάρβουνα, pronounced koh-TOH-poo-loh stah KAR-voo-nah
This is a delicious and easy recipe for chicken on the grill, in the fireplace, or under the broiler. It can be made with a whole cut-up chicken, or just the parts of your choice. Here it’s made with chicken thighs and legs.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 chicken legs and thighs (cut or whole) or other parts of the chicken of your choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of chopped fresh thyme or 1 1/4 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Combine thyme, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in a pan and spoon the mixture over, then use hands or basting brush to coat the chicken, top and bottom.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 or 3 hours.
- Brush grill or grate with olive oil and grill over high heat for about 9-10 minutes on each side for cutup parts, about 15 minutes each side for whole quarters. If there’s any marinade left in the pan, brush over chicken while grilling.
Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving