- 2 plucks (lamb or goat)
- 2kgr intestines (lamb or goat)
- some extra sweetbreads
- salt, pepper, oregano
- Wash the intestines (inside) and place them in a bowl with enough vinegar for about 1h, then drain them and place them in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.
- Wash the plucks, cut into a square size 4.5cm X 4.5cm and 1.5cm height and leave it for a night in a colander (draped) to drain the fluid.
- The next day, add the pieces into the spit alternately (eg first a piece of liver, a piece of lung, a piece of heart, a piece of spleen, a piece of sweetbreads and then start again from scratch – it does not matter the order be given, provided not put the same parts meat continuously).
- Every so push slightly to avoid gaps between pieces of meat because during baking, pieces of meat will lose some fluids and they will be a little bit smaller.
- In a bowl, mix a sufficient quantity of salt, pepper and oregano and sprinkle quite enough quantity to spit with kokoretsi.
- Finally, wrap the entire surface of the kokoretsi with the intestines as tightly as possible (do not care too loud because it would cut the intestines).
- At points finishes in each intestine (or cut), fasten with a toothpick and continue with the next one.
- Sprinkle again with the mixture of salt, pepper, oregano and bake the kokoretsi in the coals for about 1.5h.
- Ιf the outside surface of kokoretsi seems that it is cooked but still wants some more baking inside, cover with foil over and continue baking.