- 1 kilo of ripped quince
- 1 kilo plus 2 cups of sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 leaves of sweet-scented pelargonium (Arbaroriza)
- Juice if 1/2 a lemon
- Wash and peel the quinces.
- Cut in half, remove the core with the pits and grade with the course side of the grader.
- Place in a pot and add the sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Place the pot over the heat, stir occasionally with a wooden spoon for the sugar to melt.
- When the preserve starts to thicken, skim the foam from the top and stir constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Before you get the desired thickness of the preserve add the juice of half a lemon and the sweet-scented pelargonium.
- When the syrup sets, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down completely.
- When the preserve is cold, remove the pelargonium leaves, place in sterilized jars and refrigerate.
- Kithoni Trifto (Grated Quince Preserve) is one more of the Greek preserves always good to have around the house to offer to your guests.