- 1 kilo of lamb
- 1 1/2 kilo of onions sliced
- 5-6 potatoes cut in cubes
- 6-7 tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the lamb meat into small pieces.
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes.
- Place all the ingredients (except from the cumin) in an ovenproof dish like a Pyrex with a lid or an earth ware pot (clay pot) with a lid (if available).
- Stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Place the lid on the dish and place in the oven.
- Cook in a preheated to moderate oven 170-180 degrees Celsius (see conversions) stirring occasionally until is cooked.
- When the Tavas is cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with ground cumin.
- Serve immediately with some Greek salad or leafy salad and a glass of red wine or anything else you desire.