- 3/4 of a cup soft unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 a cup of fruit jams of different kinds
- In a large enough bowl add the butter, sugar and the egg yolks.
- Using a wooden spoon mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Add the flour, a little bit at a time and mix until you have a soft dough.
- Take some of the dough at a time and shape in small balls, about one inch (2.5cm) in diameter.
- If the dough is too soft, place it in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place the dough ball in a non-stick baking tray, or in a regular tray covered with parchment paper.
- Make sure that the dough balls are about 1 inch apart from each other, otherwise while they are cooking they will stick with each other.
- With your finger or with some kind of tool of a similar size, make a pothole in the center of each ball.
- Fill each pothole with 1/2 a tsp. of the fruit jam of your choice.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies have a blondish color in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Once the cookies are cooked, remove from the baking tray and place on a grill until they cool down.
- Tasty jam cookies that are fast and easy to make and eaten even faster they are made.