- 1 kg chicken -jointed
- 1 kg colocasia
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion -skinned and finely chopped
- 4 sticks of celery -cut into thick slices
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Put the cooking oil and the olive oil into a large saucepan and place the pan on high heat. Fry the chicken joints until golden brown on both sides. Remove the joints and keep them on one side. Add the chopped onion and fry until soft and golden brown.
- Meanwhile with a sharp knife peel the colocasia, without washing. Then, by holding it from the thick stalk part, starting from the top, break pieces with a sharp knife from the colocasia.
- Add the sliced celery and the kolokas pieces together with the chicken joints into the pan. Season well with salt and freshly ground balck pepper.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the hot chicken stock and pour it over the meat and the vegetables. Bring it to the boil, then cover and cook for about 30 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.