Greek and Cypriot recipes
- This is a simple, tasty recipe for a side serving of cauliflower.
- Greeks will always have vegetables to accompany their meals, and cauliflower is a popular vegetable.
- The olive oil and lemon juice salad dressing adds flavour to the vegetable.
- If you like, you can add some herbs such as dill, parsley or oregano to the salad dressing.
- 1 cauliflower
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- Cut off the hard stalk and outer leaves.
- Cook until just tender by any method – boiling, steaming or pressure cooker.
- When cooked, cut into large portions and place on serving plate.
- Whisk about 3 tablespoons oil to 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice together in a cup until it becomes opaque. Add extra quantities if needed.
- Pour dressing over cauliflower and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This can be served hot or at room temperature.