In Greek: μπούρου-μπούρου, pronounced BOO-roo BOO-roo
This soup is a creative affair. Use any vegetables you happen to have on hand, and adjust the hot pepper to taste.
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 9 ounces of spaghetti noodles, broken into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into chunks
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 green pepper, cut in chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 1 bunch wild celery or cutting celery (or one bunch celery cut in chunks)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Put all the vegetables in a large pot and add water to cover well. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until vegetables are tender and the potato is soft (about 20 minutes). Stir in tomato paste and continue to boil for another 5 minutes. Add freshly ground black pepper, hot red pepper, salt, and olive oil. Add pasta and cook per manufacturer’s directions (or less for “al dente”).