- 4 big quinces
- 1 1/2 mug of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 16 cloves (Optional)
- Wash the quinces well rubbing them to take the fluff that is around them.
- Cut in four pieces, peel the outer skin and remove the hearts with the pits.
- Place in a baking pan or Pyrex dish one piece next to the other and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Simmer the hearts with pits and peels in 1 cup of water for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the quince broth and pour it over the quince pieces in the baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes with the dish covered with aluminum foil.
- Half way through baking, remove the aluminum foil and stick a clove in each piece (Optional).
- Bake the rest of the time uncovered until they are soft and have a sweet rose color.
- Remove from the baking dish and place them in a platter.
- Pour over them the syrup that is left in the baking dish.
- If you want to have more syrup, all you have to do is use more sugar.
- Adding more sugar will make the Kithonia Psita (Baked Quinces) a lot sweeter.
- Kithonia Psita (Baked Quinces) can be served hot or cold.