- Psari a la Spetsiota (Fish done in the style of Spetses)
- A very tasty fish dish done in the style of Spetses, an island close to Athens
Total Time:50 mins
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:40 mins
- 2 lbs cod or 2 lbs halibut or 2 lbs red snapper fillets
- 1 small lemon, juice of
- 2 large ripe tomatoes (or a 1 lb tin crushed)
- 3/4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the fish in a glass baking dish large enough to contain it in one layer and sprinkle the fish with the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Peel one tomato and’grate’ through the large holes of a box grater into a bowl to catch the pulp and juices; add the tomato paste (thinned in a bit of water), garlic, parsley, olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Slice the other tomato in thick slices (if using tinned tomato, you can forego this part), place the slices over the fish and top with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.