- 1 kilo of spareribs
- 2 cups of red dry wine
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of crushed coriander seeds
- Hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Have your ribs cut one bone at a time and in small pieces about 2 inches long.
- Place in a large enough bowl to hold all your meat.
- Add 1 cup of red dry wine and 1 tbsp of crushed coriander, mix well for the wine and coriander to go everywhere on your meat and marinate for about 5-6 hours. (Mix periodically)
- Heat olive oil, drain the meat and fry lightly.
- Add the rest of the wine and coriander, bring to boil and add enough hot water to cover the meat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, cover your pan and cook for about 1 1/2 hour in low heat.
- Serve hot.
- Afelia can be accompanied with rice, boiled or steamed vegetables or mashed potatoes.
As an alternative to meat, artichokes, mushrooms or potatoes cut in small cubs can be used, cooked the same way.