- 750g of plain yogurt
- 1/2 English cucumber or 2 seedless cucumbers
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3-4 cloves of garlic grated
- 1/2 tsp of dry Mint
– Talatouti is very well known in the Cyprus Cuisine.
– Talatouri is very appetizing and refreshing “mezes” that can be eaten as an appetizer or as a salad with the main dish.
– Place the yogurt in a cheese cloth and in a strainer to strain the excess water over night.
– The next day when you are ready to make your Talatouri, if you are using English cucumber, peel and with a spoon remove the seeds and grade or cur in very small pieces.
– If you are using seedless cucumbers, wash and grade or cut in very small pieces.
– Either way you use, squeeze the cucumber to remove the excess water.
– Place the yogurt in a bowl, add the grated garlic, cucumber and mint and mix well.
– Add the olive oil, vinegar and salt and again mix well for all ingredient to mix and be everywhere in your Talatouri.
– In the meantime you can try it and if you prefer to make it more garlicky, all you have to do is add more garlic.
– Place you Talatouri in the fridge to cool down and sit for a while in order for all the ingredients to mix with the yogurt.
– When ready to serve sprinkle some dry mint and a few drops of olive oil on the top.